The Zurich Award for
Health and Wellbeing Initiative of the Year
Excellent physical and mental well-being is pivotal to the Island Plan – the public strategy which promotes a happy, healthy and prosperous future for our residents and workers.
This category recognises and celebrates organisations or individuals that have developed activities, facilities, policies and strategies that encourage an active and healthy community, as well as promoting mental, physical or emotional health.
Initiatives that successfully demonstrate a proactive and impacting approach to promoting and improving the health and wellbeing of the island’s residents will be recognised by this award. The aim – to accolade and continuously encourage progressive individuals or programmes that position a happy, healthy and balanced future at the forefront of their activities and identity.
Individuals or organisations entering this category might include details of:
- Organisational wellbeing policy and strategy for delivery
- Proactive approach to well-being of staff or the community, with initiatives in place to educate or inspire others to make health and wellbeing a priority
- A proven commitment to levelling mental health with physical health
- Empowering employees to contribute to decision-making processes around health and wellbeing policies
- Understanding how balanced well-being promotes a more sustainable future
- Wellness activities that embrace and celebrate the island’s natural beauty or rich cultural heritage