The Isle of Man Post Office Award for
Nurturing our Arts, Culture and Heritage
The Isle of Man is proud to be blessed with a rich heritage and culture, and many islanders passionate about preserving its wonderful history and legacy.
This category has been developed to celebrate individuals or organisations driving the preservation of our island’s cultural heart. Someone perhaps dedicated to increasing uptake of the Manx language, or showcasing traditional music and dance.
This category celebrates residents or business owners who demonstrate a passion for history, literature, poetry or the spoken word. It will recognise volunteers or teams passionate about conservation and protecting our countryside, built environment and specialist restoration of unique buildings.
To help the judges understand how your team or organisation have supported the Isle of Man’s flourishing Arts, Culture and Heritage sectors, you may wish to consider sharing:
- Core values behind your activities in the arts, culture or heritage
- Unique attributes of your contribution to preserving and building traditions, nature or infrastructure
- Challenges and obstacles presented by today’s society
- Future vision for your strategy or activity
- Achievements and milestones; testimonials and positive feedback
- Impact your work is having across the island’s community today
- How your campaigns or activities have raises international awareness of the Isle of Man